Really, I'm with the Band!!

Words, musings and rantings of a woman who married the bass player!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon

Grabbed the bull by the horns and took a wild ride. Needless to say, my back hurts a little.

Thursday, February 10, 2005

What is the opposite of a kiss?

A kiss turned inside out
it's opposite - negative
dry style- unintentional
moving through the motions. How
empty, how lonely, the
opposite of a kiss of something
tender might leave scars on my
skin, my arms sheilding a
face in a protective mode against
the opposite of sharing and being
vulnerable. And this chill keeps rising
up my spine when I consider the
opposite of a kiss as it reflects the
political climate. cold. no embrace
and I'm terrified by the
snarling pointy teeth I see coming
at me. The opposite of a kiss.
Cold, again with the cold and bloody
teeth gnashing at the flesh of
democracy. Don't lean in toward me
Condi- with the poison, with the lies, with
the opposite of a kiss. Lies spilling out
over vacant stares..is there any soul in there?
The opposite of a kiss. Babies faces
squint and pout as pure eyes view the
opposition and have no
words to speak out about
innocence tainted before they have
a chance to live.
The opposite of a kiss
I imagine is very very cold.

(c) Feb 9, 2005
Guerilla poetry at La Pena

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So glad that you posted this. Hope you're well in Portland. I had no idea you were leaving the Bay but I can thoroughly understand why. No, I'm not dissin' the Bay, but I loved the Pacific NW when I visited 2 years ago. Mostly hope you're happy and writing when you feel the muse!

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home