Really, I'm with the Band!!

Words, musings and rantings of a woman who married the bass player!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon

Grabbed the bull by the horns and took a wild ride. Needless to say, my back hurts a little.

Thursday, November 25, 2004

How do I make Macaroni and Cheese again?

So it's Thanksgiving....My favorite holiday. This year, my husband is in Philly and I'm dog sitting Cozmo. She's a pretty rad dog as far as dogs go. She talks (barks and mumbles) in her sleep. And communicates very well when awake.....except for right now I don't really know what she wants. I opened the door, put food in the dish, indulged her licking fetish and let her give me a few laps across the back of my hand. She keeps staring at me like I'm supposed to know what she wants, but I don't.

Anyway, today comes with a few traditions. Considering this is the only time of the year I am actually in kitchen, I often spend a lot of time making long distance calls for kitchenly advice. The annual call to my mom to find out how to make broccoli surprise. I already called my sister for the Mac and Cheese recipe. I'll be stuffing the celery with cream cheese and green olives while enjoying some warm spiked cider while I watch the Macy's day parade. A special time where I shout at the television and bitch about how the whole damn thing is so commercial and be annoyed by the new Christmas commercials they'll show as they cut off the Atlanta marching band.Then I'll haul all my snacks to Howfly island and enjoy a meal of fried turkey and hushpuppies, tasty cocktails and ultra lounging in front of the TIVO. Oh I can't wait!! I love thanksgiving!!

I have so much to give thanks for. I got married to my fabulous soulmate of ten years. Had a kick ass wedding and was surrounded by all my friends and family. The evil that is my upstairs neighbors, are moving out mid December!! No more hammertown!!!The leak has been repaired in my condo. A few of my friends had healthy babies this year. (Welcome Oscar, Jago, Allisa and Francesca...Oh yeah, and Robin's new babe whose name I don't know yet!) I graduated from massage school and have actual clients. Life isn't sucking right now, and I am giving thanks!!!

Well Cozmo is staring at me again......and I need to saute the sausage for the stuffed mushrooms... and I can't believe its almost 8:00 am and I haven't had my holiday cocktail yet....And the parade's going to start soon....

Happy Turkeyday everyone!!!!

(((peace)))



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home