Really, I'm with the Band!!

Words, musings and rantings of a woman who married the bass player!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon

Grabbed the bull by the horns and took a wild ride. Needless to say, my back hurts a little.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The Mind is a Terrible thing to Waste

So I started this thing about a year ago at my desk. I put up pictures of things I want to have in my life. I can't say exactly where I got this idea, considering I've read countless, self help, guruish, spiritual, existential readings, but the one thing that stands out in my mind about this is idea was when I was watching an interview with someone, (For some reason I think of Nicholas Cage, or Keanu Reeves, or maybe even John Travolta, or maybe Chris Rock, I don't know who the hell it was) Anyway, they were being interviewed and the person giving the interview said that he wanted to see the million dollar check, so the celebrity takes out his wallet and pulls out this check he wrote to himself when he first got into the business. (Now I remember, it was Jim Carey) The check was made out to himself for 1 Million dollars. When times were rough, he'd look at the the check and remind himself that one day he'd be able to cash that check. He then talked about the day he was paid 1 million dollars to make a movie. (It might have been the Mask) And as we all know, he's a giant success and can cash that check over and over again. From what I understand, he still carries this check in his wallet.

I've had a picture of a craftsman style home and a picture of a massage therapist giving a massage on a platform in the middle of the clear blue ocean since our office moved in March, 2004. I've got pictures of other stuff up at my desk too. Some wedding shots, picture of me Marching On Washington , a M.U.F.F. Postcard, a pretty good labeled drawing of the muscles on the back, my "I am Pro-Choice America" sign from NARAL, a Beastie Boys poster, pictures of Oscar the baby, a Staff listing for the San Francisco Superior court, and prayer card with a picture of our Lady of Guadalupe from St. Patrick's Cathedral in NYC. But those two pictures, the house and the massage gig A.K.A my Dream home & dream job were put up specifically to help me focus on what I really want in my life. They are right at eye level with my computer and I see them every time I sit down to do work at my desk.

It occurred to me over the weekend, that these things are coming to fruition in my life. And since I'm actually noticing it, I'd like to give thanks to the goddess right now. Thanks.

You really can have whatever you want.

The only thing holding you from it is your own mind.

Kinda Trippy.

1 Comments:

Blogger ms. jared said...

actually, i heard an interview with jim carey recently and he said he buried the check with his father because his father was the one who always encouraged him to believe in and follow his dreams. i totally got all choked up when i heard that.

(wouldn't it have been funny if i had said "coked up" instead of "choked up"? i'll have to tell you a funny story one day...)

xoxo, jared

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home