Really, I'm with the Band!!

Words, musings and rantings of a woman who married the bass player!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon

Grabbed the bull by the horns and took a wild ride. Needless to say, my back hurts a little.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

It's good to have connections

So I was on tour this weekend down in LA. Had been looking forward to the trip for a while as it kicks off several trips away from the cold and rainy northwest.  Friday night, great fun. Good show, danced, partied with friends I hadn't seen in a while. Good times. Next day, woke up and reached for my vitamins, I was out. I knew my old man had some, but he was sleeping so I thought I'd ask him for them after he woke up. I never remembered to ask. That afternoon, we were invited out to a bbq. We went & ate like fools.  When you are on the road, the chances to eat a home cooked meal are few and far between so we grubbed it up. Some of the best food I'd had in a while...a real meat fest. got back to the slanty bus. ( we were parked on an angle next to the HOB, shit was sliding down toward the front of the bus....) had a puff and started to cough. Not totally unusual, but the cough continued into the night. Just a little cough. Didn't think much of it. met up with more good friends and had cocktails and dinner. Rocked out at the show, had more cocktails and generally more fun. That evening I was supposed to have the day room as I was leaving the tour to go back home the next day and the band was leaving that evening to go the next city but due to a room mix up & the singer getting sick, we ended up sleeping in the drivers room that night. I think that was the kicker.....he is a smoker and the room smelled worse than the bar. smokey and gross. I hardly slept due to the stink, the tiny bed, and my husband rolling over on me due to the tinyness of the bed. my head was pounding, I was nauseous and mud butt was in full effect. When we checked out, I had the chills, the sweats and a headache. My husband insisted I must have partied too much and I kept telling him, no, this really doesn't feel like a hangover dear, it feels like the flu. So we walked around and tried to find something to eat. We ended up going back to the hotel and me having a nap by the pool. Took some advil and the fever started to break. I felt a world better. (comparatively). that evening  I was home back in my own bed. I thought if I just get a good night of sleep, I'll probably be cool. Nope. I slept for a while and then woke up with the rigors. I was moaning and thrashing. My husband asked me at one point when should he take me to the emergency room. I told him never. I thrashed around for a while and finally he gave me something to sleep and I passed out. Woke up coughing a few hours later. the flu or whatever this is really had me in its grasp. Totally sucks. Luckily, I had a massage scheduled for that night. My wellness associate Dr. Amanda Anderson, gave me a hydro therapy treatment. and then I had the massage. not too deep. I came home and slept...and slept and slept.  I still am a little snotty this morning, but the fever is definitely gone and my body doesn't hurt to walk, move or blink. I am so thankful to have health connections. If you get a chance and need some wellness help, and you are in Portland Oregon, check out Emily Gilbert at Emilygilbertmassage.com and Dr. Amanda Anderson at FamilyTreeMedicine.com. They are wellness rock stars!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Wish I'd had those connections last week. I had a fever of 102 for two days and I was a wreck. I'm mostly OK now, but I feel your pain...

Glad you're blogging. I'll be back to visit. :)

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home