Really, I'm with the Band!!

Words, musings and rantings of a woman who married the bass player!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon

Grabbed the bull by the horns and took a wild ride. Needless to say, my back hurts a little.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Thanks Jon

I just read this at About.com.

A transcript of Jon Stewart's remarks about Hurricane Katrina.


"There's a lot of confusion over blame and pointing fingers and the response to the obviously horrible tragedy of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, and whether or not the government did enough, whether or not there was miscommunication, some bureaucratic bungling. So let me just say this. The short answer is: Yes. The long answer, of course, is: YEEEEEESSSSSS!"

"The real question is in the four years since 9/11, you have to ask yourself, has the government’s advancements, procedures, etc. made us safer, given us more comfort that they will have an effective, or more effective response to catastrophic events? And I think it’s very clear the answer is: 'Oh shit, we're in trouble."

"Now for people who are saying, 'Well, let’s stop pointing fingers at the president, the left-wing media is being too hard on him' — no. Shut up. No. This is inarguably — inarguably — a failure of leadership from the top of the federal government. Remember when Bill Clinton went out with Monica Lewinsky. That was inarguably a failure of judgment at the top. Democrats had to come out and risk losing credibility if they did not condemn Bill Clinton for his behavior. I believe Republicans are in the same position right now, and I will say this: Hurricane Katrina is George Bush’s Monica Lewinsky. The only difference is that tens of thousands of people weren’t stranded in Monica Lewinsky’s vagina. Although, this is an interesting point, her vagina at the time was also known at the Superdome…Do you prefer the Big Easy?"

"But that is my point, so please, stop with the 'well, people are carping on the president.' He didn’t even stop his vacation for three days, I mean, please, just shut up."

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Thanks Jon for saying what I think out loud on TV.

Go check it out for your self at

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_daily_show/index.jhtml

(you'll probably have to cut and paste that since I still haven't figured out the link thing on blogger.)

(((Peace)))

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mas. Highway Dept. stops work on Sagamore Bridge
It has been brought to our attention that the Massachusetts Highway Department has suspended work on the Sagamore Bridge.
Some great info here!
If you have a few minutes come and check out my
targeted traffic site.
It pretty much covers how to get some targeted traffic .

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite was (not a direct quote, this is just from my memory) "It's too late for the hurricane survivors, but if we act quickly we might still be able to rescue George Bush's reputation"

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home