Really, I'm with the Band!!

Words, musings and rantings of a woman who married the bass player!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon

Grabbed the bull by the horns and took a wild ride. Needless to say, my back hurts a little.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Love thy neighbor?

''You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it.'' ``We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability.'' Pat Robertson, 700 Club

So, what part of that isn’t a call for an assassination? I am watching the 700 Club right now as I wanted to check in with this fool and see what he’d say today after a day full of media talking about his words. Would there be back peddling? Would he say "yep, i said it, let's take this guy out!!! So I've tuned in. And there he is all big on my TV, and today he says that he was misquoted by the AP and he didn’t ask for an assassination. Which of course made me go back and research and see exactly what he said…..and guess what, doesn’t seem like a misquote to me? Read it for yourself. Make your own call.

So I continued to watch this 700 Club, which is weirdly set up like a morning news show, and am pretty disgusted by the rhetoric I’m hearing. Such a shame to see someone using god/the lord or whatever to perpetuate hate. It just doesn’t make sense to me in terms of how you are supposed to behave as a Christian. I’ve been away from it for a minute, I’ll admit, but from what I recall from my church days, love your neighbor as you would love yourself. I’m not getting that vibe as I sit here watching the 700 Club. Instead, I feel like I'm getting, Love your neighbor as long as he agrees with you. But like John Stewart said last night, when you have your own channel, you can say whatever the F@#k you want without being censored.

Now I’m not saying he’s on here gripping the bible with white knuckles and shouting out for death and whatnot, but his verbal tactics are quite manipulative and I think even more dangerous than him just coming out and saying “assassinate Chavez!”. But wait, read the quote above again.

Just seems kind of fucked up to me. But the really fucked up thing is, now that he’s on my tv, I can’t look away!!!

Wow, it’s really like a morning news show…but with prayer. He interviewed a guy from South America who I think he thought would also call for the assassination of Chavez, since some Chavez supporters last year shot into a cafe or something and his mother & grandparents were hit.(pardon me, I think the term Pat used was Gunned down by thugs supporting chavez) but instead the guest said he did not agree with Mr. Robertson in terms of the way to deal with Chavez was to call for an assassination.(That’s when Mr. Roberts said he was misquoted by the AP, which ultimately caused this posting)…..then we went to the other correspondent ( who reminded me of Condaleeza ) and talked a bit about the confirmation hearings and a book you could buy..oops...I mean, you could get for free with a donation....that would help you understand the supreme court. When you buy the book, I mean make your donation and receive the book as a gift, it comes with a little postcard for you to read over and sign and send back to the 700 Club so they can then send it on to the president, so he knows we are praying for him and that we support him in ALL of his decisions. Then we prayed that the lord, who is the ultimate judge of all the earth, would take control of the confirmation hearings and that we may see not one but several judges in succession so that there might be change for years to come and to give us his blessing in this way.

Now we’re in the kitchen making pancakes with Pat. These pancakes are some kind of Pat Robertson special. Pat’s protein pancake. You can eat them as long as you want to and never feel guilty according to Pat. He has this thing called Skinny Wednesday. Oh wait, now they are called Pat’s Age-defying Protein Pancakes, which you can find this recipe in his Robust Living news letter. And it’s free!(no, really, it's free, no donation or anything) Now Mr. Robertson is giving tips on health and diet to viewers who have written in with questions. Isn’t that nice? And he is also promoting natural medicines. Now he’s pitching his weight loss challenge. ( this is included in the Robust Living news letter with the pancake recipe). The commercial that follows this segment, Curves exercise studios and their 6 week solution to weight loss.

Ugh, I think it’s time to turn the channel, quick while a commercial is on.

1 Comments:

Blogger ms. jared said...

good lord! i don't know how you do it, lady. i get so angry and stressed i can't take it. i can'tt even ATTEMPT to watch that shit coz it gives me a heartattack!

miss you......
xoxo, jared

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home